Mon, Jun 3, 2013: A new Decree 52/2013/ND-CP has been issued on May 16, 2013 by Vietnamese Government to replace Decree 57/2006/ND-CP which will take effect on July 1, 2013, the Vietnam News reported.
Under the new Decree, the Government will ban certain kind of e-commerce activities in the country. The activities that banned are:
- operating a network for marketing e-commerce services in which each member must make an initial deposit for buying a service and receive a commission, prize or an economic benefit from recruiting a new member;
- selling counterfeit goods;
- selling services infringing intellectual property rights;
- website that using false registration information;
- violations of regulations on transactions on e-commerce websites, including deceiving customers on these websites and faking information of other traders, organisations and individuals to join e-commerce activities; and
- stealing, using, disclosing, transferring or selling business intelligence on other traders, organisations and individuals and individual consumer information without owner consents.