Sept 17, 2013 (Tue): The Malaysia Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum (CFM) advised consumers to take proactive steps to safeguard their mobile phone as it has their personal information and other sensitive information which can be easily accessible, cross referenced and integrated through the device.
- Here are some tips recommended by CFM to protect your phone;
- Keep your device’s International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI) number;
- Backup your important data in the phone;
- Install a tracking application on the phone to check if the phone is really stolen or misplaced before lodging a report;
- Must change the passwords for sensitive accounts such as banking account, social media accounts immediately if phone lost; and
- Must immediately report to the police if phone is lost especially if it was lost in a robbery or break-in.