Sept 30, 2013 (Mon): Oracle Corporation kicked off its annual conference, Oracle OpenWorld 2013, in San Francisco, US with tens of thousands of participants from across the country and around the world gathered for an intense five days of learning and networking sessions from 22 -26 September 2013.
During Oracle OpenWorld 2013, Oracle has showcased its Human Capital Management (HCM) vision and roadmap, investments in existing and newly acquired solutions, and how Oracle has addressed key trends in HCM including social, mobile, big data and cloud.
New updates to Oracle HCM Cloud and Oracle Talent Management Cloud, which is now available in the Oracle Cloud as part of Release 7, will help organizations to attract, retain and reward talent in alignment with the business.
“In the increasing struggle to attract, retain and cultivate talent, businesses that engage and empower both employees and HR will be better positioned to succeed,” said Oracle President Mark Hurd. “With user interface advancements that enhance the experience and ease-of-use for HR, executives and end users, Oracle is helping customers take even greater control over their talent. Customers can take full advantage of these capabilities immediately in the cloud, helping HR to remain highly competitive and strategic.”
The Oracle HCM Cloud and Talent Management Cloud combine for a comprehensive portfolio of user-friendly, cloud-based solutions that span the end-to-end talent lifecycle to foster accelerated business performance and increased productivity.
Updates on Oracle HCM Cloud:
- Oracle Social HCM Cloud helps HR virtually seamlessly integrate social-enabled applications across both internal and external networks.
- Streamlined Succession Planning: By connecting the talent review dashboard with succession plans and talent pools, HR benefits from a more holistic and robust view into talent.
- Access HR Insights, Anywhere: In addition to the already available iOS version, new Android application for Oracle HCM Cloud allows employees to perform critical HR functions from their mobile devices and tablets.
- Enhance Employee Experience: A simplified and more intuitive user experience across desktop computers and tablet devices helps increase adoption and improve accuracy for corporate initiatives.
Updates across Oracle Talent Management Cloud:
- Augment Talent Profiles: Integration with LinkedIn delivers richer content by allowing employees to selectively add content from their LinkedIn profiles directly to their talent profiles.
- Extend Mobile Recruitment: New mobile capabilities within Oracle Recruiting Cloud allow candidates and HR to submit applications, review job posting and communicate on their mobile devices.
- Enhance Social Sourcing: Workflow updates across Oracle Social Sourcing Cloud streamline the candidate experience and help advance the recruiting process. Additionally, new support for YouTube and Vimeo enables organizations to leverage video in delivering high-impact social marketing campaigns.