Mar 19, 2014 (Wed): The 2nd Annual Mobile Payments and Fraud Survey revealed that 32 percent of the respondent see mobile as riskier than standard e-commerce, increased from 24% last year. The survey was conducted by Kount, Inc., The Fraud Practice LLC and CardNotPresent.com among 2000 participants including merchants, service providers, acquirers, card associations and issuers from November 2013 to January 2014.
Some other highlights in the report are:
- The mobile channel accounts for 20% of their business, double that of last year
- 66% of merchants surveyed now actively support mobile – up by 30% year to year
- Merchants that offer a mobile app for online shopping more than doubled from 21% to 54%, while nearly half of merchants now offer a dedicated mobile website
- Merchants that believe standard eCommerce fraud processes are enough for managing mobile channel risk fell from 37 to 26 percent since the inaugural survey
- 32% say fraud prevention specific to mobile is increasingly necessary – nearly double the sentiment of last year’s responses
For more details, please download the free copy http://www.kount.com/campaigns/mobile-survey-report-2014.