Fri, May 24, 2013: Amazon yesterday announced Kindle Fire HD 7” and Kindle Fire HD 8.9” are now available to customers in over 170 countries and territories around the world for pre-order through its e-commerce platform. With the new Kindle Fire, the users can access to millions of apps, games, books, audiobooks and magazines, including more than 300,000 books that are exclusive to the Kindle Store.
The Kindle Fire HD is featuring:
- Stunning HD display with OMAP4 4470 processor and Imagination SGX544 graphics engine capable of over 12 billion floating point operations per second and higher memory bandwidth than Tegra 3.
- Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers
- Ultra-fast web browsing and streaming with built-in dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi.
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls.
- Over 10 hours of battery life.
- Easy-to-use e-mail, calendar, and contacts for work or home, including Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange, and more.
- Amazon-exclusive features like, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- 16 or 32 GB of On-Device storage, plus free cloud storage for Amazon content
- Only 20 ounces and just 8.8 mm thin (for Kindle Fire HD 8.9”)
- Covers with integrated magnetic clasp for Kindle Fire HD feature a premium textured leather exterior in a variety of colors and a subtle woven nylon interior to provide our lightest and thinnest form of protection.
- Price: US$217 (RM649.38) for 7” and US$284 (RM861.80) for 8.9”.