Aug 8, 2013 (Thu): Havas Worldwide, a global initiative to share information and insights recently has published an infographic, the “Emerging Paths To Purchase” based on a survey of 10,219 adults in 31 countries by Prosumer Report, a series of thought leadership publications.
Some of the key highlights in the infographic are:
- 12% people did not make online purchase last year;
- 80% people worry sometimes about the safety of their financial information when shopping online;
- More than half respondents (57%) prefer offline shopping because they prefer to touch or try the merchandise before purchase;
- People’s shopping mostly is influenced by online – 74% do consumer research online;
- 78% said the reason to shop online is saving;
- Home Computer still is the preferred online shopping points of access (80%);
- Only 25% have used a smartphone or mobile device to shop online; and
- 52% like to share brand and product experiences with friends via social media.