Aug 6, 2013 (Tue): Initiative, a global communications network within IPG Mediabrands has conducted Mobile Experience Study among 13,000 smartphone users aged 18-54 to understand how consumers are using their mobile and the role it plays in their lives.
The key findings of the study are:
- 71% have a branded application on their smartphone with 67% checking it daily;
- 25% said they use their smartphone to post updates or comments on what they are buying;
- 32% said emailing and voice talk as a primary usage for their phone;
- 41% use smartphone primarily for social networking;
- 58% like to talk about brand ads via phone while 54% will talk about TV shows;
- 44% play games at least once a day; and
- More than 50% of shopping that is done via mobile is done while people are relaxing at home.