Sept 2, 2013 (Mon): Oracle Corporation, the world’s leading IT solution provider, Oracle today announced the general availability of MySQL Workbench 6.0, the open source design, development and administration tool.
MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool that provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration for server configuration, user administration, migration and more. The latest version delivers a redesigned graphical user interface (GUI) that extends database management capabilities and improves user productivity.
Tomas Ulin, vice president MySQL Engineering, Oracle shares that to address scalability and performance challenges of Web, mobile, and cloud environments, organizations around the world are using MySQL.
“MySQL Workbench 6.0 is a major update that features a number of new enhancements based on community feedback. This release makes it easier than ever for administrators and developers to design, develop, and manage their MySQL databases,”
MySQL Community Edition is available free of charge under the General Public License (GPL).
Some of the key MySQL Workbench 6.0 features of the following improvements:
- Redesigned GUI: includes a modernized home screen and a streamlined interface for unified, multi-tasking database management and development.
- Vertical query results mode: allows query results to be visualized as a column/value pair list, which is ideal for queries that produce few rows but many columns.
- New Table Data Search: enables a text search on any number of tables and schemas for rows matching a given pattern.
- Improved Server Status: provides a quick summary of server status and configuration.
- Community driven features: MySQL Workbench 6.0 addresses well over 200 inputs and requests from the community.
In addition, MySQL Enterprise Edition is included with the MySQL Enterprise Edition subscription. MySQL Workbench 6.0 Enterprise Edition provides customers with additional enterprise features which include:
- MySQL Enterprise Backup GUI: now allows setup, run, schedule, and view backups while in progress, as well as automating restores.
- MySQL Audit Log Inspector: allows users to browse and analyze audit data generated via MySQL Enterprise Audit. With powerful filtering and search capabilities users will be able to more easily assess the audit log content generated via MySQL Enterprise Audit.