According to the Budget 2013 tabled by Malaysia’s Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in September last year, RM50 million was allocated to assist 50,000 small entrepreneurs, particularly women to promote their businesses by increasing their sales online with a grant of RM1,000 through the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).
MCMC has started to accept RM1,000 grant application via online at https://gmbo.skmm.gov.my/. To be qualified for this grant, the applicant must be:
- A Malaysian preferable a woman aged between 18 and 65.
- Have registered domain name of .my, .com.my, edu.my, net.my or org.my and the domain name still active
- Subscribing a broadband service or is a registered member of ‘Pusat Internet 1Malaysia (PI1M).
- Have a local bank account registered under the applicant name or the company name for business usage.
- Preferable for micro-entrepreneur who has full-time staffs not more than 10 persons or yearly income not more than RM200,000.
The grant of RM1,000 still available for 49,305 entrepreneurs to apply, according to MCMC’s website today.
by Terry Brown