Tue, Jun 11, 2013: Apple Inc. on Monday introduced its latest iOS 7 which is completely redesigned with new user interface which makes Apple devices appear bigger because everything is designed to take advantage of the entire screen. The iOS 7 beta software and SDK are available immediately for iOS Developer Program members at developer.apple.com. Apple will roll up iOS 7 as a free software update for iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad mini and iPod touch (fifth generation) soon.
The new iOS come with hundreds of great features, including:
- Control Center – all in one place for users to control Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Do Not Disturb, and the ability to adjust screen brightness, pause or play a song, jump to the next track and stream your music with AirPlay. It also gives users instant access to apps such as Clock, Camera, Calculator and the Flashlight;
- Notification Center – Give you an at-a-glance view of your day with a summary of the important details such as weather, traffic, meetings and events from the Lock screen;
- Improved Multitasking – allowing developers to have the ability to enable any app to multitask in the background with a new API;
- AirDrop – a quickly and easily way for users to share content peer-to-peer with people nearby and no network required to do so;
- Enhanced camera app with real-time photo effects;
- Moments – a redesigned Photos app that can automatically organize users photos and videos based on time and location;
- iCloud Photo Sharing – a way to share just the photos users want with just the people they want;
- Safari with redesigned user interface;
- iCloud Keychain – securely store users’ passwords and credit card information devices, so navigating password protected sites or autofilling during transactions is simple and secure;
- Siri with new male and female voices and integrated with Twitter, Wikipedia and Bing for internet search and reference;
- Find My iPhone Activation Lock – A feature requires users’ Apple ID and password before they can turn off Find My iPhone, erase data or re-activate a device after it’s been remotely erased;
- Night Mode in Maps – Responds to ambient light when you use it in the dark;
- FaceTime audio – Offers high quality calls over a data network; and
- More to be explored.